Civil Litigation – Suing and Being Sued
Sometimes you sue. Sometimes you get sued. That is a fact of life in the 21st century.
How do you know whether to sue a person or business that has committed a wrongful act against you?
It could be about the money, or maybe it’s about the principle and sometimes its about both.
Is pursuing a lawsuit worth your time and effort?
Can you actually collect if you are successful?
We evaluate your potential case or defense on several factors:
1) likely result at trial:
2) overall cost to obtain this result;
3) what you believe your case is worth;
4) amount, if any, you are likely to receive or have to pay;
5) types of evidence needed and the associated costs;
6) position of opposing side;
7) strengths, weaknesses, and risks of your case or defense;
8) whether to try, mediate, or settle your case.
When you schedule your free consultation, you’ll meet with a lawyer. We’ll spend time with you and answer the questions most important to your lawsuit. We’ll see to it that you have a clear understanding of the law and a plan to prepare and protect yourself during this litigation. Or you can spend the same hour on the internet reading Frequently Asked Questions about civil litigation.